Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 3 in the Provo MTC

Hey mom,

Thanks for the prayers mom, I think they help a lot. Thanks for the advice. I definitely have been praying for support. I can't believe that it's happened so fast, it's crazy! I'm glad that you and Mormor were able to go to that meeting and were able to see the sisters sing. I think you'll be an amazing choir director mom. I will be sending out my response letters to the family today or tomorrow. I just haven't had a ton of time to write to all of you guys because they keep us really busy here. That's a really cool message. Last night we had the Provo temple president and his wife come and talk to us and they both talked about the importance of the temple and the changes it can make in our lives and on our attitudes. I really took that to heart and thought about it. They thoughts I had were if I had actually been paying attention to what had been going on in the temple and if I had ever thought really hard about what it meant to me. I went to the temple this morning and did just that and I know that I felt God's love for me and felt His spirit close. I know that he loves me, that a mission is where I am supposed to be and that i don't need to worry about what's going on at home because everything will work out just fine in the end. Thank you guys so much for the support you all have given me and for everything that you have taught me. I have definitely felt your love in your emails. I plan on losing myself in the work as much as I can.

This last week I had an experience where I met a guy who had lived a rather interesting life. One of his experiences was that he after he had been inactive for more than 40 years he decided to pray and ask God to help him out with his situation. In less than fifteen seconds things started falling into place and he went back to the church. He was a really weird guy and I think he was also kind of crazy but talking to him made me appreciate all of what I have and my knowledge of the Gospel. I know that we can receive answers to our prayers and that God loves us. I have read through most of the Book of Mormon again while I have been here and I can testify that it is a true book and that through that book I have been able to receive answers to my prayers. The gospel and my family are the two best things I have and I love them both very much. in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love, Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment