Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Open House in the Chapel, President Interviews

Dear family,

This week has been interesting for me. We had an open chapel on Saturday which is where we open the doors of the chapel and invite all of the people that we see on the  street to come in and see the chapel to learn about what we do. It was really cool to see all of the stands that the different organizations set up to teach the people about what they do. It was really cool to see all of the youth out in the street with my companion and me doing contacts. I don´t think that this will be an experience that they are likely to forget one of the young women had two funny experiences with a gay couple and an atheist. It was hilarious to hear her talk about it. We also saw a car crash and went to take them Malta and see if we could help. They didn´t want anything but I did give one of the little kids a picture of Jesus that helped him to stop crying. I totally loved the experience and I just wish that I had brought my camera to take pictures of it all. I know that there are pictures on FaceBook but I can´t get in to look at them all. So, we´ll see if I can get the members to pass me the photos or to friend me on FaceBook so that I can find them myself.
New Comp Takes a Nap
New socks and a U of U blanket

Cool Art by Elder Carmona
The other cool thing that happened to us this week was that we had interviews with the President yesterday. They taught us a whole lot about how to be better teachers and how to improve our prayers and the prayers of our investigators. The two questions that Hna Rogers asked us were, "How are you praying" and "what are you praying about?" Those definitely made me think a bit. She told us that we need to pray about every detail in our lives and we need to do it out loud. Because our Heavenly Father wants to hear from us, He wants to know what all is going on in our lives and what we`re doing. It was really cool to hear that and to learn from them. I swear that every time we have a conference I come out with a whole lot that I need to improve and a whole lot of ideas of things and ways to teach investigators and members. It´s totally awesome. I absolutely love my mission! I love you all tons and miss you lots! Hope you all have a great week and that Zander and Isabel enjoy EFY. Love you guys!

Love,
Michael















No comments:

Post a Comment