Monday, March 10, 2014

Divisions with the APs

Dear Mom,

Fun Graffiti in Comodoro
Thanks for the emails and the cool quotes. Those dreams sound really interesting, thanks for sharing them. I haven´t been trying to develop any different talents here too much because I haven´t thought about it before. But, now that I think about it I think that one of my talents is turning out to be talking to new people in the street. I had divisions with the assistants Saturday and there I learned a whole lot about how to better reach the people and to make a better first impression and now I'm starting to get good at it as I have been practicing. It´s been really cool to see that. i´ll let you know if I find anything else that I think may be a cool talent. Love you guys tons and hope you have a great week.

Love, Michael
 
Cool Graffiti

Interesting Monument

 Dear Dad,

Yes we do have a map like that and I have set up my CD player and camera and they are working amazingly well. Thanks a ton for those. I am now totally better from my food poisoning and I feel great. The updates from the week are that the weather is starting to change. I am starting to walk around with a sweater and long sleeves now. I can´t wait to see what a winter is like here in Argentina. It´s going to be awesome. The cool things that happened this week are that we got to go on divisions with the Assistants on Saturday night and with Elder McAllister I found a ton of people that are very prepared. We found one guy named Ricardo that let us into his house off of the street and was very receptive of the message and we got to set a baptismal date with him! That was one of the coolest things that has yet happened to me on my mission. Elder McAllister jokingly told me that I needed to have more faith and we'd find people and then later he told me that it really was a miracle. I also learned a lot about how to do contacts better than what I have been doing. I think that will help me a lot with the work here. The other really cool thing that happened this week is that we have really started working with the members and bringing them to lessons. The mission has a program called MMT which is Members Missionaries Temple and we meet up with the members once a week and go visit less active families. It really works and it brings a whole lot of energy to the wards that do it. I really think that we´ll be able to get a temple here really soon. We´re getting close too. We only need one or two more stakes and we can get a temple. It´s crazy awesome. Outside of that not a whole lot is changing here. I found my first family of "snakes" or investigators that just love the missionaries and not the lessons and Elder McAllister said that they were staring me down "like a fat boy on a cupcake" Which is odd. I have never had anything like that before. We went back to visit them with our ward mission leader and his wife but they weren´t at home so we´ll have to visit them later. My ward mission leader is awesome because he is way willing to go out and work with us and it´s the best. They also gave us dinner last night which was light but good. We had Malta and bread with Jam and butter. Delicious! I love Malta. It´s like coffee without caffeine and it´s amazing. That´s really the update for this week. Love you guys tons and hope you have a great week.

Love, Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment