Monday, November 17, 2014

A Prophet Visits Comodoro

Dear Family,

Thanks for the package, I look forward to getting that around Christmas!

Well, this week has been kind of crazy. We had Elder Christofferson in Comodoro on Wednesday for the members and on Thursday for the missionaries and because my area is really close to the stake center my comp and I got asked to help out with chairs and ushering among other things. So we spent Monday night moving chairs to the stake center from other chapels because there wasn´t enough, that was fun I also saw a member family that I haven´t seen since I left Comodoro. They´re amazing people. And on Wednesday we spent nearly the whole day in the chapel helping to get everything cleaned and set up and then helping to usher people to seats. The worst part was that a couple of kids were running around the whole time making a scene. It got to the point that we forcibly kept one of them out of the room. My comp had a fight with him in the door too which was funny to watch but was terrible to have happen. But, despite all of that the meeting was really cool. Elder Christofferson talked to the members about the importance of the NAME of Christ, his wife talked about the Book of Mormon and the area president and his wife both talked about the sacrament. It was a really cool meeting to be in. And on Thursday we had our meeting as missionaries with Elder Christofferson. We had nearly the whole mission together. It was amazing. I saw a ton of people that I knew and got to talk to a lot of good friends.
Elder Christopherson Visits Comodoro Rivadavia Mission

In our meeting on Thursday Elder Christofferson answered questions. My favorite answer that he gave to us was to the question, "How can we stay happy and not get down when so many people reject us?" He answered with Romans 10 and told us that our calling is to give the people the opportunity to accept Christ and that when they reject us they are rejecting Him not us specifically. It was a really cool answer and I liked how he did it. The other really cool things that happened this week are that we have had three lessons now where we had planned to say something to another person but the people we visited were the ones that really needed it. It´s amazing to see how the Lord guides us in doing His work. Also, as a zone we had the goal to invite more than 12 people to be baptized this week and we invited 15. It was really cool to see that when we do as much as we can the Lord will give us the success. I went with my zone leader and we ran to an investigators house to invite him to church in the morning and then at 9 we did nearly the same to a different house to teach them and we were blessed with success. Some of his investigators came to church and we were able to invite a man to be baptised when the day was ending. It was definitely a testimony building experience for me and I know that the Lord will give us the success when we put all of our effort into acheiving what we have planned to do. Hope you all have an awesome week and i love you all tons!

Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment