Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mission Conference

Dear Mom,

Thanks for all of the updates about the family and for the cool quote about love. It was awesome to read. The baptism did not happen this week because Daniel thinks that he needs more time and felt too pressured. My other investigators are all fine. My comp is a good listener and he´s really chill. He´s a cool guy and it´s been nice to get to know him. What I study is the new testament and the Book of Mormon. I just read til I find cool things to teach and if an investigator or member has a question I look that up til I find a good answer. And I´m going to Skype you guys at about 6 p.m. my time which should be like 3p.m. for you. I really look forward to talking to all of you guys. See you all then and I love you all lots.

Love, Michael
 
President and Sister Rogers and Elder and Sister Gonzales

Three Zones in Comodoro Area

Dear Dad,

Well, the baptism didn´t happen this week. Daniel thought that he needed more time to learn about the gospel and so they are going to set a goal as a couple and are going to tell us. We´re still trying to help them do it as fast as possible and now we´ve got ideas about how to do it too. Yesterday we had a meeting with the President all day and that´s why I did not email you. I am going to be able to Skype you all on Sunday and I´m going to do it at about 6 pm my time so it´ll be about 3pm for you guys. Please invite Kendall over too. The only other cool update from the week is that we had our conference with Elder Gonzalez. He was totally awesome! He told us basically that to be good missionaries we need to be like Christ was. What did He do when He taught? How did he walk through the streets? What kind of a man was He? And then from what you learn apply that to your life and be more like Christ. The other thing that he taught us is that we need to be direct in our teaching and our preaching. Call the people to repentance and those that are prepared will respond to the call and recognize the saviors voice. That was a totally awesome conference. The other cool thing that I learned from the other conference from the Hna Rogers was about manners. Apparently in Argentina the table manners are that you need to have your hands above the table at all times, you CANNOT put your elbows on the table, you need to say hello to the patriarch first and then the oldest to the youngest and you need to say goodbye to everyone individually also when you are done eating you need to leave food on your plate so that they know you are full. That was the weirdest for me because I am used to cleaning my plate when I eat. Now I know why they always ask me if I want more. It was definitely nice to learn that. And that´s really all for this week. Look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday! Love you all and have a great week!

Love, Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment