Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner in Comodoro

Dear Family,

Thanks for the emails and the pictures. You guys look great! I´m always happy to see you all and I am really happy that you get to see Christmas lights. It is a very different feeling here around Christmas. The people don´t get the Christmas spirit the same way we do. Or very few of them do. IT´s really sad.
 
Comodoro Rivadavia District
Thanksgiving Rolls
This week we had the opportunity to eat a mock Thanksgiving, totally delicious. With stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and meat. The meat was the entire leg of the cow. It was awesome! We also did a play and had a story of the first thanksgiving to help the Latino missionaries understand why it is so important to the Gringos. It was a lot of fun. Then we had a zone meeting on Friday which went really well. We talked about our personal testimonies, what to do if you get a dear John, and about offering our "whole soul" to Christ. Read Omni 1:26 it´s a good verse. 


Thanksgiving Stuffing

Thanksgiving Potatoes, Corn, and Garvy

Thanksgiving Meat, Leg of Cow
Then on Saturday we did service for a member family helping them to weed and clean up their yard. It was long hard work but it was a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of home and I thought, "dad offered to pay me to do this work and now I´m doing it as service!" Weird thought that. And that family also invited us to go over to their house for Christmas. And I think that´s where I´m going to Skype to you guys from, I totally love the Rotondo family. They are seriously amazing. And that´s really all that happened this week. It´s been really chill. My investigators are doing good. One man is stopping smoking and we have other people that are getting testimonies step by step. It´s all going great here. I would love if you all shared things from the scriptures that you learn. I absolutely love the scriptures now. They are amazing. Love you all tons and hope you have a good week!

Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment