Monday, October 20, 2014

Argentine Mother's Day & Super Friday

Dear family, 

Thanks for the emails, support and everything else y´all have done and are doing for me. It is really appreciated. Also, I took some money out of my card because we are going to go to the lighthouse next week with President and he is only going to pay half, I also took some money because here in Ushuaia things are expensive and my monthly money doesn´t go quite as far as it used too. My size would probably be a 32 waist. I know that I wore 34 and now I´m quite a bit smaller. And my shoes are holding on. I already had one pair die, my boots that I was gifted are now being maintained and fixed as much as I can do and the other boots are still holding out. And my normal shoes are still alive and kicking. I haven´t payed a fee that I know of. Kendall is doing great and she may have something to send in the package but her schedule is really full so she may not get around to sending something when you send it. I look forward to getting that package then.

Mother's Day Craft Project
As for updates from me this week on Friday we had a freaking awesome day and were able to teach 4 lessons and find three families that want to listen to us. I am really excited to see how they all progress and I know that day was a day of miracles. My comp and I managed to find one family in the morning that we had contacted before but not taught and we taught them about the Book of Mormon and how God blesses us and guides us, they said they were going to read the Book and that they were going to pray about it. Then in the afternoon we went to do follow up on some contacts and got in to teach again about the Book of Mormon, then we taught a less active member about how the Book of Mormon can bless his life and he read with us in Mosiah talking about Noah, we helped him see how his actions can change the course of his life and his son´s life and he said that he was going to be better and come back to church. And then at 8 on the way home we went to another person´s house that we hadn´t seen for a long time and he let us in and told us that he had been reading the Book of Mormon and that he believed it. We invited him to church and he said he would think about baptism. Friday was probably the greatest day that I have had yet in Ushuaia and I felt super energized coming out of that last house. I know that God was with us that day.

Mother's Day Craft Project

Happy Mother's Day

And then on Saturday we got to help the Elders quorum make little gifts for Mother´s day that was this Sunday. Happy Mother´s day mom!  (I know it isn´t Mother´s day there but still. I love you tons!)  It was fun then on Sunday to hear the talks about mothers and one of my favorites was the talk by the branch President who told a story of a mother in Florida. One afternoon her little son decided to go out to the lagoon behind his house to swim so he ran out of the house and jumped right into the water without looking, so he didn´t notice the crocodile in the water. The little boy was swimming away happily without a worry and the crocodile was getting closer to him. The boy´s mom, looking through the window saw the crocodile and ran out of the house yelling to her son to ´get out of the water´ the little boy heard her, saw the crocodile and started swimming as fast as he could towards his mom. He reached the dock and his mom grabbed the little boy´s arms right as the crocodile grabbed his legs. The mom pulled with all of her strength against the crocodile and managed to keep her boy from going into the water. A neighbor hearing the screams came out with a pistol and killed the crocodile and the boy was fine even though his legs were damaged. A reporter went to see the kid in the hospital and asked if he could see the scars on his legs. The little boy showed him and then rolled up his sleeves to show the scars on his arms where his mom´s fingernails had marked him and he said "those scars are cool but the ones you should see are these. These are the marks from my mom´s hands when she didn´t let me go and saved my life." Then President Nuñez (the branch president) told all of the moms to not let go of their kids when they get trapped by spiritual crocodiles so that when they see Jesus they can show the scars on their arms and say "these are the marks of my mom´s hands when she didn´t let me go and saved my life." 
P-Day on the Beach, Beagle Channel

Elder Bartlett and Sirrine

Elder Sirrine Visiting a Preserve

Needless to say that story was super spiritual and it made me miss my mom a ton. I love you tons mom and I just want to say thanks for all that you did and do to keep me out of trouble and to help me have a great life. Love you tons!

I hope all of you have a great week and I look forward to talking to you for Christmas.

Love,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment