Monday, July 21, 2014

Building a New Area

Dear Family,

I think that the list you have is good. The only thing that I would add is to try to have a personal testimony before you go out because your testimony will be tried many times. Just ask God if it´s all true and find the answer for yourself so that when people question your belief or start saying things against the church you will not be shaken up and will be able to stay true to what you believe. I would also reccomend that he starts getting ready to live the mission schedule, that was one of the hardest things to get used to at first, I was tired ALL the time. But, outside of that I think he´ll be fine. 

Also, thanks for the updates about all of the people and the things that are going on in the family. When does Tyler fly out to Peru? You should also send me his myldsmail adress. I think that ties is an awesome gift. You should give him colorful and fun ties because boring ties get old really fast. Give him a good variety of colors and patterns. And I look forward to seeing/hearing the arrangements that you bought for the choir. They sound like they´ll be beautiful.

Elder Sirrine Standing on Ice
As far as my week we´ve basically been opening an area. They have now finalized what the limits are and so we´ve really been working hard in my area. We have been contacting basically all day every day because at the moment we don´t have any investigators that live in my area. But, we now have a bunch of people to go back and visit and we are still finding more. My comp has been getting really down lately because he feels like the whole contacting thing doesn´t work for him and all that I could tell him is that it´s the trial of his faith. In Ether it says that we will receive the blessings after the trial of our faith and I am seeing that here. We have had a ton of days where we have spent a ton of time contacting without success and when we are ready to give up and we decide to knock one more door it is then that we have success and find the person that will let us in or that will let us go back another day. It is the greatest feeling when at the end of a long, hard day you find someone that tells you that you can come back another day or that says that you can come right in. 

Cow Head on House

Elder Sirrine By City Sign

And so that´s how we´ve spent the last week. Looking for the people that want to listen to us and finding a couple here and there. It´s been a good experience for me. I feel a lot better at contacts now and it´s been cool to meet a ton of new people. The other update from the week is that it looks like winter is finally coming to Ushuaia. We had a little bit of snow on the hills around the city yesterday and today and it looks like snow is going to be here soon. I am super excited and so are the people because the winter tourism is super big for Ushuaia for all of the skiing here. So, things are looking good for me. Hope you all have a great week!

Love, Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment