Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years Eve With The Zone

 Dear Mom,

Thanks for the awesome update. I loved it. I had a really cool New years this year. We got together with most of our zone in the stake center and played ping pong, soccer and Uno, we also had a lot of really good chicken and had a lot of fun. It was a good day and I really enjoyed it. Happy new year and I love you guys a ton. Two other thoughts 1: Feed my sheep is apaciente mis ovejas or give peace to my sheep and 2: mercy is misericordia which is like the misery of the lamb is mercy for us.

Love, Michael

 
Elder Sirrine's Trelew North Zone

Dear Dad,

Thanks for the update and the cool thoughts. Those news stories in your other email were awesome and hilarious. This new years was way cool because we got together with all of the missionaries in our zone to play around and we all ate a really good chicken dinner. We also shared one of the coolest spiritual experiences in our lives. My companion gave a blessing to a woman who had never had a child that she would get pregnant and she did! But she lost the baby afterwards because she smoked and drank and stuff which was way sad. My cool experience was that in the MTC one night we were talking with my district and one of the Elders told us about his friend who had committed suicide. He said that in the MTC he had felt him close and in one of the letters from his family his mom told him that the mom of his friend said that that Elder had another angel watching over him. That was one of the most spiritual conversations that I´ve had with people. It was intense. At midnight there were fireworks everywhere here. It was kind of crazy to stand out in the street and see all the fireworks go off. I don´t have any pictures of that to send you guys because my camera got stolen this week. And I did everything I could to track it down but it hasn´t come back yet. I´m leaving that up to Heavenly Father now that I´ve done all that I can do. So, if you want pictures I can look for a camera here and if you send me money I can buy one or you guys could send me one and it would just take 6 ish weeks to get to me. However you want to do that just tell me in an email. I´ll keep my eye open for any good cameras that I can see here and I asked my companion to send me the pictures he has from new years and from Christmas so we´ll see if I can get those to you guys today. If not know that the reason I can´t send you pictures for a while is because I don´t have a camera. The transfer ends on Sunday and I am not entirely sure how I feel about that. I know that I´m going to miss my companion a ton and that it´ll be weird to have a new companion and possibly a new area as well. I´m sort of looking forward to what will come this week. As far as the work and other things go for us we´ve got a group of people that we have started teaching a bit but they aren´t progressing a ton and people are starting to come home from vacations now. So, things are starting to get a bit better for us and I hope that they continue to improve. I´ve got hope that this area will start to progress this year, the ward is making a renewed effort to do their home teaching and to be actively helping the missionaries. We now have someone that is in charge of the lunch calendar and we are not going to lack for lunches if the relief society can do anything about it. It´s cool to see how the new year brings a new energy into people. I hope that you all have success with your new years resolutions and I am looking forward to the things that this year will bring for me as well. I love you guys tons and miss you all a lot.

Love, Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment